Advantages and Disadvantages of New vs Resale
If you are in the market for a new home, you have likely entertained the question of whether to buy new or to buy resale. There is no right or wrong answer as there are advantages and disadvantages to both. You have to weigh those factors to your specific life circumstances.
Nothing can beat walking into your brand new home knowing you designed every detail.
Here are some other advantages to buying NEW:
- You decide all of the features from the number of rooms, extensions, and amenities.
- You can pick your location in a development (Rockford will also build on your lot)
- Fewer maintenance problems.
- More modern design and standards
- Warranty period is in full effect.
Here are some advantages of RESALE:
- You can move right in. There is no waiting period for construction. This can be eliminated with newly built homes by offering New Move In Ready homes.
- Certain options may be included in the sale price whereas on a new built home these may be optional. For instance, granite countertops or hardwood flooring.
- Many details are already in place like pool, deck, and fencing.