What is a HERS Rating?
The Home Energy Rating System (HERS) Index is used to measure a home’s energy efficiency relative to industry standards. HERS is a nationally recognized system used to inspect and calculate a home’s energy performance. Some key points of the HERS Index are:
- The lower the number, the more energy efficient your home is.
- According to the U.S. Department of Energy, a typical resale home has a HERS rating of 130 and a standard new home built to code has a HERS rating of 100.
- A home with a HERS score of 70 is 30% more efficient than a standard new home.
- A typical resale home is 30% less efficient than a standard new home.
The Rockford Difference
Building with Rockford Homes allows you to save money without sacraficing value. Rockford’s average HERS rating on a new new home is 63!
With Rockford, you can:
- Save over $1,000 per year in energy savings over a typical existing home.
- Save over $600 per year in energy savings over a typical new build home.